2021 Highland Dance Competition and Demonstrations
Highland Dance COMPETITION
Friday, August 6, 2021
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Highland Dance DEMONSTRATIONS Only
(at the Highland Games)
Saturday, August 7, 2021
10:00 am to 4:30 pm
NOTE! Registration for Friday Dance closed on July 30th, and is no longer available.
Also, Friday and Saturday Spectator Tickets are no longer available for purchase!
Highland Dance Competition
SCOTDANCE USA 2021 APPROVED COMPETITION OPEN TO ONLY US DANCERS.
ScotDance USA Competition Registration # USMW-0201
All Dance Entries must be made by July 30, 2021. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Registration is now closed.
Every individual that enters the dancing area will need to sign a waiver. This is the form that indicates the individual is not ill, experiencing COVID, etc. See further down this page for the waivers.
SCOTDANCE USA COVID-19 RULES
- Dancers must arrive in costume, completed hair, and make-up
- Changing areas will not be available
- Each dancer must present a valid 2021 SDUSA Registration card with the new sticker on the back
- Socially distanced designated spaces will be available for dancers/family members
- Masks/face coverings must be worn when outside of designated spaces and in the marshaling area
- Extra masks will be available for those who forget to bring a mask or face covering
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the venue
- A paper bag with handles will be provided upon arrival for holding the dancer’s mask
- SDUSA Registration card must be presented at Registration and will be kept for you to pick up after awards are presented
- SDUSA Waivers will need to be signed upon arrival. (available on the new website)
- Only one dancer may register at a time and must practice social distancing while waiting in line
- The stage will not be available for warm-up
- Dancer warm-up can be in either the designated family space or socially distanced outside the event perimeter
- Water will not be available; all dancers must provide their own water and snacks
- Awards will be placed in zip lock bags with the dancer’s name and number and available for pickup at the awards table
- Trophy winners may be awarded on stage
- Every Spectator must have a ticket to gain entrance into the dance area and must sign a ScotDance USA Assumption of Risk Waiver. (waiver available at highlandgames.com)
- Spectators ages 12 and Under do not require a ticket. However, a ScotDance USA Assumption of Risk Waiver must be completed for each child by a parent or guardian. (waiver available at highlandgames.com)
ScotDance USA – 3 Waivers
Each person entering the dance competition must print and sign 2 waivers, found below, to gain entrance into the Dance Competition.
Every individual that enters the dancing area will need to sign a copy of this waiver and bring it with them to the competition. This form indicated the individual is not ill or experiencing COVID symptoms. This is 1 of 2 forms each person needs to complete. The other is the Assumption of Risk Waiver (two versions”Child and Adult).
Every child that enters the dancing area will need to have a parent/guardian sign a copy of this waiver and bring it with them to the competition. This is the Child’s version of the Assumption of Risk form. This is the 2nd of the 2 forms each person needs to complete in addition to the Day of Competition Waiver.
Every adult that enters the dancing area will need to sign a copy of this waiver and bring it with them to the competition. This is the Adult’s version of the Assumption of Risk form. This is the 2nd of 2 forms each adult needs to complete in addition to the Day of Competition Waiver.
Highland Dance Demonstrations
(at the Highland Games) Saturday, August 7, 2021 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Highland Dance Demonstrations will be also held at the 172nd Annual Highland Games on Saturday, August 7, 2021. We encourage dancers and their families to attend the games on Saturday, August 7. To register to participate in Dance Demonstrations, select your time slot. Dancers may participate in more than one-time slot. No additional waivers will be required to participate on Saturday.
Dance Competition Parking: (FRIDAY)
FREE on-site parking on Friday, August 6. Use the entrance off Newburgh Road.
Highland Games Parking: (SATURDAY)
On-site parking (scarce after 10am) is available for $5. Entrance off Newburgh Road.
FREE Shuttle Parking is available at Schoolcraft College (between 6 and 7 Mile Rds on Haggerty Rd) and also at Hyatt Place (19300 Haggerty Rd). Service will be approximately every 5 minutes.